To: Oak Meadows Tenants and families
From Deb Veit , Executive Director
Date: Friday, March 13th, 2020
Re: Coronavirus Update
Dear Oak Meadows families,
With the news of coronavirus cases now present in MN we at Oak Meadows will be doing everything we can to prevent the spread of this frightening virus. Please read carefully what steps we are taking presently and please watch our website closely for changes that may be occurring daily.
- Effective immediately we will be restricting ALL visits to tenants. Visits must be considered necessary visits only. Please do not visit unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Tenants on hospice care can receive 1-2 visitors at a time
- Non-essential people will not be allowed in our building.
- All visitors must pass our Wellness Check system posted at each entrance.
- Sign in so we have a record of who is coming into the building.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash hands before going to visit and when leaving.
- If you have been traveling domestically or internationally please refrain from visiting at Oak Meadows for 14 days. If you would like to have a virtual visit, please call our front desk to set up a time when you can facetime or skype with your family member.
- We have cancelled all outings until mid-April. If your family member needs any store items that you are not able to get for them our staff will assist in ordering them on line or we also have some volunteers who are willing to go to the store for our tenants.
In the meantime, we encourage you to stay connected with local updates and to check the Oak Meadows website periodically for any changes to our visiting policies. We need your help to keep our tenants healthy. Please wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If you have questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact myself or Mary.
Deb Veit Mary Beckman
Executive Director Director of Nursing