Dear Oak Meadows tenants and families,
Happy Friday everyone! Thank you to everyone who participated in our 4th of July car parade! It was so hot but the ice cream cooled us down and the fun was well worth it. We are so grateful to all who came. Beginning next week on Mondays and Thursdays, 9:30am, Megan will be offering outdoor exercise on the multi-purpose room patio! Chairs will be set up 6 feet apart leaving room for the birds and butterflies to join you too!
A quick update on our status at Oak Meadows. We do not have any new positive COVID cases and the staff person who tested positive is home recovering with mild symptoms. Assisted living tenants and Ebenezer nursing staff continue to have ongoing testing done. If we have any changes or positive cases I will notify you immediately.
Our Ponds tenants who have given me their insurance information and Oak Meadows staff will be getting tested next Thursday, July 16th. I will be notifying staff and tenants of the details of our testing with a letter on Monday.
I daily monitor the recommendations from the MN Dept. of Health for senior living communities. At this time we will continue with our present policies.
- Wear a mask anytime you are out of your apartment. You may go outside but keep your mask on and make sure it covers your mouth and nose at all times.
- All visitors must stop at the Pines entrance to get their temperature checked before visiting outside. This is a recommendation of the Dept. of Health. Maintain a 6 foot physical distance at all times.
- Only essential inside visits are allowed with tenants. You may call me anytime to consult about an inside visit. For essential inside visits masks must be worn at all times.
- Please do not open the Ponds door for visitors or deliveries. No visitors are allowed to walk through the building without prior authorization.
- We discourage our tenants from going to restaurants, stores, churches, salons, homes and other public places with large groups. If you do these things you are risking your own health as well as the health of our other tenants and our staff.
I know this has been hard on everyone and it has been a long journey. But we are in this together and we will do whatever we can to keep you safe and provide joy in your lives.
Deb Veit, Executive Director