Dear Oak Meadows tenants and families,
Tonight at midnight our Sheltering in Place order from Governor Walz will begin. What that will mean for us at Oak Meadows is that we will continue to do what we have been doing the past two weeks. We will continue to restrict visitors, ask tenants to stay at home, maintain social distancing at all times and wash your hands often. We are happy to say that we are still illness free at Oak Meadows. We understand it is not easy to practice social distancing. But please help us do everything we can to help keep our community safe and healthy. Remember this is ever changing, weekly, daily and even hourly.
• Please have your families deliver your groceries and medications to the Pines entrance ONLY. Our staff will deliver them to your apartment.
• Please do not go out to stores yourselves. We have volunteers who will shop for you. Going out right now is just exposing yourself to potentially harmful germs.
• Ponds tenants can order meals to be delivered to their apartments. All meals will be $5.50 each during this sheltering in place time. You must call the front desk the day before to arrange delivery. Breakfast will be delivered between 8am-9am, lunch between noon-1pm and dinner between 5pm-6pm. Pines tenants meals included and will be delivered first.
• For the next couple of weeks we will be very strictly keeping visitors from coming in to the building.
o Tenants on hospice can no longer have daily visitors. Only if their health situation changes.
• Remember to check your black bags daily for mail, announcements and other fun stuff.
• Don’t hesitate to call or email me with any questions or concerns you have.
• If you do start to feel sick please notify the office and we will assist in getting you help.
Please know that our staff are coming to work and then also staying at home so that we too keep ourselves from bringing potential germs to our tenants. We know how hard this is for everyone but it is so important that we maintain these policies in order to keep all tenants and staff safe.
Stay healthy everyone! We will get through this together!
~ Deb Veit, Executive Director ~Mary Beckman, Director of Nursing
P.S. from Kim Prayfrock: I have been taking photos of your loved ones. I am putting some, but not all, on our website and our facebook page. If you would want some sent to your email, just let me know and I will try and get them out next week. firstname.lastname@example.org