To: Oak Meadows staff, tenants & families
From: Deb Veit
Date: April 30th , 2021
Re: COVID update
Dear Oak Meadows staff, tenants and families,
COVID testing: Great news! All of our tests for Ponds tenants and Oak Meadows staff came back negative. All Pines results have been negative this week as well. So we are on the right track.
Everyone: Please remember to always wear your masks, maintain social distance and wash your hands. Any tenants who leave the building please use all COVID precautions when out in public.
Visitors: As things open up in the state we too will begin to open more up at Oak Meadows as you will notice on our activity calendar. But please have patience as we continue to use precautions for the safety of our tenants and staff. We carefully watch county positivity rates and percentages of those vaccinated.
- Everyone must enter at the Pines main door and get their temperature and wellness checked by the receptionist. Do NOT enter at the Ponds before following this procedure.
- We ask that you keep group visits less than 4 people at a time unless you are outdoors.
- If you have been exposed to or had COVID within the past 14 days please do not visit our tenants.
- All visits must take place in the tenant apartment. At this time, we do not want visitors in the common areas or wandering halls.
- Now that our dining room has reopened we need to remind folks that if you choose not to come to the dining room for your meal and would like a tray delivered to your apartment you MUST notify the dining room by 11am for lunch and 4pm for dinner. You are not guaranteed to receive a tray delivered if you call later than those times.
- Beauty shop news: Carole has decided to retire from her beautician position at Oak Meadows. Her husband is doing well recovering from his open heart surgery but she feels she needs to be with him. Bonnie will be here Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please call her on the shop phone on those days to make your appointment. She has asked to please not call her cell phone number.
- Our air conditioning for apartments will be turned on sometime next week. I do not have the exact date yet as our AC company has to come to Oak Meadows to start it.
- Our guest suite is now available to reserve for guests again.
- We are getting new carpet in the dining room on Monday evening so the dining room will close at 5:30pm that day only.
If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Deb Veit, Executive Director
Deborah Veit, Executive Director
Oak Meadows Senior Living
8131 4th St. N
Oakdale, MN 55128