To: Oak Meadows staff, tenants & families
From: Deb Veit
Date: April 9th , 2021
Re: COVID update
Dear Oak Meadows staff, tenants and families,
COVID testing: All results from our COVID testing this past week have remained negative. At this point we are testing 20% of assisted living tenants every other week. Our next Ponds tenants and Oak Meadows staff testing will be the April 28th, exact time is not yet determined.
Visitors: According to State guidelines we can now allow all visitors inside with the following guidelines:
- Everyone must enter at the Pines main door and get their temperature and wellness checked by the receptionist. Do NOT enter at the Ponds before following this procedure.
- We ask that you keep group visits less than 4 people at a time unless you are outdoors.
- If you have been exposed to or had COVID within the past 14 days please do not visit our tenants.
- All visits must take place in the tenant apartment. At this time we do not want visitors in the common areas or wandering halls.
Everyone: Please remember to always wear your masks, maintain social distance and wash your hands. Any tenants who leave the building please use all COVID precautions when out in public.
- IMPORTANT CHANGE: Beginning Tuesday, April 13th, staff will no longer be delivering groceries and packages to your apartments. All tenants who are able can pick up items at the front desk or families may bring groceries directly to your apartment (after checking in at front desk). A staff person may deliver some items to your apartment if they are available. Please do not have groceries or food items left at the front entrance expecting that staff will deliver them immediately.
Good news! The Oak Dining room will reopen on Tuesday, April 13th. It has been over a year since our dining room closed for COVID. We are very excited about opening up our communal dining again but we need to implement some precautions so we can keep everyone safe.
- There will be a limit of 3 people seated at each table.
- We cannot allow guests to dine with the tenants at this time.
- Masks must be worn when not eating.
- For any tenants who will be needing escorts to the dining room please contact the nursing department to arrange your escort.
- Ponds tenants can call the dining room to make a reservation when you would like to dine in the dining room. Any meals delivered to Ponds apartments will now be charged $1.50 delivery fee.
If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Deb Veit, Executive Director
Deborah Veit, Executive Director
Oak Meadows Senior Living
8131 4th St. N
Oakdale, MN 55128