To: Oak Meadows Tenants and families
From: Deb Veit
Date: July 3rd , 2020
Re: Weekly Coronavirus Update – Oak Meadows Website: www.oak-meadows.org
Dear Oak Meadows tenants and families,
Happy 4th of July! It is so hard to believe it is already July. It has been a long and challenging first half of 2020! I am happy to report that Oak Meadows is still free of any positive COVID-19 cases. Every day is a new day and the news for this week is that some states are starting to have an increase in cases again. MN is stabilizing right now but that means we must keep following our policies in order to reduce the spread of the virus.
Our Pines tenants and Ebenezer staff have been tested and all came back negative. In the next couple of weeks we will be offering testing for our Ponds tenants and Oak Meadows staff. I will let you know the exact date and time once I have all insurance information returned to me.
Please continue to follow our policies for Oak Meadows. I daily monitor the MN Department of Health recommendations for us and will make changes as we are able to. Please read carefully.
- Wear a mask anytime you are out of your apartment. You may go outdoors for fresh air but keep your mask on. And make sure it covers your nose and mouth at all times.
- All visitors must stop at the Pines entrance to get their temp checked before visiting outside with family. Please keep family groups smaller than 8 people. Large groups, even outside are discouraged. All groups must have prior authorization from Deb. Everyone must maintain a 6 foot physical distance.
- We discourage our tenants from going to restaurants, stores, churches, salons, people’s homes and public places where you increase your risk of exposure to COVID. If you do these things you are also bringing that risk back to tenants and staff at Oak Meadows.
- We continue to allow essential visits only inside our building with tenants. Essential visits ONLY. You may call me at any time to consult about an inside visit.
- Doctor and dental appointments are necessary so it is okay to go out to appointments as long as you use the necessary precautions.
- Please DO NOT open the Ponds door for visitors. Anyone who comes into our building for anything must go to the Pines entrance first. Everyone must have a temp taken and be wearing a mask and must be recorded. This is state mandated. We have seen people come in to the Ponds entrance without prior authorization. This is not allowed.
~ Deb Veit, Executive Director